I posted this on Facebook, so my apologies to those friends who have seen it already.
Ten cool things about Joyce Elaine Graham Brown.
1. She knew to bang on the battery cable connection with a wrench when the car wouldn't start.
2. She once made a doll house television--that worked.
3. She could not tell a joke to save her life, but she loved to hear them.
4. She was a great fisherman and camper, and taught me how to build a fire.
5. When she was five, her dad let her drive the car. She hit the garage.
6. She loved the song Silver Bells at Christmas.
7. She unknowingly named one of the French Poodle puppies Renee, at the same time I was naming my daughter Renee.
8. In general she couldn't cook, but she did make great snickerdoodles.
9. She was a sweet Gran to my kids, but took no crap from them.
10. She was the best mom ever.
Happy Mother's Day to you all, whether your mother is with you or has gone on. Let's remember good stuff all day, and make good memories for our own kids to remember.